Saturday 25 August 2012

Journal pages

Above and below are my latest journal pages I have made for the swap I am in on Kateyscorner group. Every month we have to make 2 pages about things we like, well I love doing crosswords, I do an average of four a day. I can't always finish them but my Hubby finishes them for me and then tells me off for my spelling. I must be the worlds worst speller but as I tell him I am keeping his brain active making it work harder he he.

I also like Steam-punk so have included some of that too. The base of the page is crosswords I have done painted over with a thin layer of white emulsion the went over that with Pans pastels. I am getting to really like those, have used a mixed media of stamps. There are some Indigo Blue and a couple of Viva las Vegas. I am still learning journaling as it is new for me but am enjoing the challenge

10 comments:

  1. these are fab Dot. I'm having a steampunk phase at the moment so these are right up my street.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Geat pages Dot and even better in real life as they are sitting on the desk in front of me as I type.
    I love the binoculars stamp, is that a Viva Las Vegas stamp?
    Ann B
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha I love the idea of doing crosswords even though you're bad at spelling. We do crosswords in our household too, it's a great way to start the morning, wake the ol' brain up and all that lol. Your journal pages are brilliant, love seeing how you've incorporated pan pastels into your art. Pxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great Pages ! ( I am a scrabble nut - have several games going on my IPAD all the time )

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your journal pages Dot and at least your completed crosswords aren't going to waste, x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful pages Dot, I love the colours and images on both of them.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the Steampunk elements you brought to those pages Dot. Wonderful pages.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  8. do I spy a bt of dylusions there as well??
    love 'em
    MikkiB
    http://inkyfairysmusings.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  9. do I spy a bit of dylusions lurking there?
    love them
    MikkiB
    http://inkyfairysmusings.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Brilliant pages, Dot and I love the VLV stamp - almost got that, drat! I love crosswords, too and just got my PA stamp out ready for those pages... love how your style has been changing through this swap and how you've mastered the journalling thing - your pages are wonderful x

    ReplyDelete